PRINCIPAL SECURITY LEADERSHIP RECRUITMENT SELECTOR
• Tutor - Burrill Green Corporate Security Business School
• Security Leadership Recruitment Selector
David Reece is a business consultant specialising in corporate security and business continuity management issues. Following security and intelligence service in the British Army to the rank of brigadier-general, David has worked in senior corporate security roles in several large international companies, covering Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
To date David Reece has worked with companies and official bodies in 54 countries. David is competent in French and Italian, with conversational Spanish and German.
Areas of Expertise:
• Working with senior management to identify and evaluate threats to stakeholders, assets, and proprietary information, leading to the formulation of strategies, policies and procedures to minimise risk.
• Business continuity planning, from the evaluation of vulnerabilities through the development of plans to training and execution.
• Security reviews of premises and operations and the production of detailed reports and recommendations. Special expertise in film location and event security.
• Problem solving over a wide geographic area using personal expertise and experience, a wide network of trusted contacts, and/or carefully selected contractors.
• Public speaking at trade fairs and conferences on security and business continuity matters. Items published in the Times, the Economist, and Security Professional. Interviewed on the BBC.
burrill green publications
value from security
This book "Value From Security" demonstrates what security's real capabilities are, and what needs to be done to realise them. The experiences presented have occurred in real organisations, globally, that are reaping the rewards of being at the vanguard of this new approach to security management.
crossing the line
"Crossing The Line" is about crossing the very real line that separates the worlds of public and private security and risk management. It is a guide for key players who are thinking of switching sectors and roles and moving from one kind of organisation and operating culture to another often significantly different one.